Sunday, July 28, 2013

Difficulty is the excuse history never accepts.



Oh, I'm the queen of excuses.

* I don't have time
* Too expensive, can't afford the food or the workout
* It is too hard
* Where do I even begin?
* I have a thyroid problem...inside joke. I have medical conditions
* I don't have the willpower to say NO to Dr. Pepper or to actually workout or go to the gym.


Well, well, well, step right up, I have an answer for all of those now. So, no longer can I use the excuse, because I have the solution. Ouch! I know.

1. I don't have time. Oh I have the time, I just would much rather play on my iPad, take a nap, or waste time watching Netflix. I do put in a lot of time to my studies but, now I just need 25 minutes. You can always find 25 minutes in your day. Instead of twittering for hours, I can workout and relax with twitter. If you go to the gym to workout-Set aside an hour or so. I'm sure you can find it. If you feel it cuts into your sleep, maybe loosing an hour or so to workout will actually help you sleep better at night. We say we are so busy, but if you wrote down everything you did all day and the time, you'd be a very sad individual. Also, 15 minutes of a workout is better than none! When it comes to your health-any amount of time is better than none. When going to work, park way in the back-walk to the front door, you can do the same at the grocery store.

2. It is too expensive. Even if you don't eat the healthiest and aren't on the organic boat, as long as you eat a balanced meal and burn off the allotted calorie intake, you are still being productive. Water is free, well in most developed countries, pop isn't. You can make up your own workout, you don't even need fancy videos or a gym. If you have the money, it is a good investment. It is more of a guidance and symbolic.

3. It is too hard. Well, it is going to be. If your body is used to being lazy and you start making it sweat, it's going to be hard. It was hard when we learned to drive, ride a bike, and, heck, life can be hard. But, we keep trying, keep working at it, and we make progress. Weight loss is progress not perfection. No one is every going to have the perfect body. We may claim if we lose our gut or our arm flab we will have the perfect body. Nope, we will find something else we aren't a fan of. But, you will feel better about yourself, nothings more close to perfect-than feeling comfortable in your own healthy skin. So, it's going to hard. It isn't going to be easy. It's going to suck. But, there will come a point in time when it gets less hard and more easy.

4. Where do I even begin? NOW! Even stretching, an extra glass of water, or even writing ideas on a piece of paper. This sometimes leads us into that, I will start Monday, I will start next week, or the whole I give up routine. You are going to eat something, drink something, or skip a day. But, don't give up. Guess what? You're human. Any effort is better than none. So, begin now! I do better with visuals and writing things down. How do you remember things in your everyday life or at work? Use those skills within your weight loss/health routine.

5. I have a thyroid problem...medical conditions. We all have something. Sometimes the reason we have those conditions is because of our health. If you want, consult you doctor. If you have reason for limitations, take that into consideration. Also, there are always modifications with programs. T25 has a modification portion. Before planning meals, diets, and programs always take into consideration your medication and/or conditions. Just think, the healthier you get-the better your conditions may be.

6.  Willpower. It isn't easy, I find it more habit forming. You don't have to eliminate things you love, just use with caution. If you fall into your temptation, don't beat yourself up over it. Use it as a learning experience and remember for next time. Man, I really felt horrible after drinking that pop. Remember that feeling. Also, maybe you could reward yourself. Maybe a couple of weeks of working out and sticking to your guns you treat yourself with a 16oz Dr. Pepper. It isn't going to wipe away your hard work. No matter what anyone tells you or tries to convince you. You still should lead your life, but remember how much sugar is in those pops-don't treat yourself after every workout. Haha! I think you get the picture. Will power gets better in routine.


CBS News Video: Overcoming Weight loss excuses: http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6946936n

Overcoming Weight Loss Excuses Article(s): http://www.guampdn.com/article/20100524/NEWS01/5240320/Overcoming-weight-loss-excuses

Huffington Post Healthy Living: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/chris-powell/weight-loss-tips_b_1776988.html

No comments:

Post a Comment